Hobbicolors cartridges and inks

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To akon,

I would say the bulk of users on this forum don't have profiling software. But its still a question only you can answer on the basis of are you happy with what you have.---if you are happy with the results of Canon OEM ink, chances are you will be happy with hobbicolors---after all users of Canon OEM ink can get but are not supplied special profiles.---and are expected to do just fine.

The other comment to make is that very few refill inks are safe to use in a Canon printer and also offer a VERY close match to OEM Canon color balance--that hobbicolors is highly regarded as one of those few inks here says alot---not to say its the only choice---but its the choice you made---so by all means give it a trial first and see if you find a need for improvement.

The other comment is that the ink you use is just one variable--the photopaper is another variable--so you want to find some combination of both that works for you--always mindful of the fact that of either supplier changes in some way, you may not get consistant result with a previous order.--and even Canon OEM software lets you tweak color setting. But now that the subject of software--which is yet another variable--has come up---you can think of color profiling and other software options as another type option that gives a user even more control over what the printer does with the ink.

But to someone new to these forums---I would say do some reading---just get some ideas of the huge number of issues----and you gotta learn to walk before you can run. Don't worry about profiling for now---get some experience--after some months you may want to consider it when you better appreciate the issues--for now, don't worry about it.

If it makes you feel any better---I too use hobbicolors---and I have trouble free and excellent results.---oh and BTW--the MP780 uses the ip4000 printer engine which makes it a very good printer.

But I am but one person here---but its my take on the matter---other may offer different advice.

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I use HC ink on my ip8500. This printer has 8 ink cartridges. You can imagine how difficult it may be to color match with Canon's OEM ink. But I have never felt the need of a profile printing mostly on Kirkland paper. If you do close comparison side by side you may find some color differences but you may be surprised that some of the photos printed with HC ink actually look better. There have been posts by some here and in some other forums that HC ink actually produces favorable skin tones or more accurate colors for some objects. I don't think you will need a profile to print photos that meet your taste with HC ink.