highest rated by alotofthings consumers

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
This was the highest rated by consumers for refilling during our 6 month dare-to-compare pomotion.

Procolor

http://www.alotofthings.com/viartshop/article.php?article_id=69

They are not the cheapest, but have clips that can be used again.

Would be suitable for modification with some nylon screws and O rings.

They are not the cheapest, but as they say ........

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Isn't that just a sales pitch? By looking at the photos it involves using a knife that looks dangerous to me and at the end they suggest to use an adhesive tape. That's walking on water to me. If the plug is likely not sealing well the tape will not seal well either. Many of you inkjet masters have long been using screw and washer method and that is the way to go. For OEM BCI-6 carts I found it easy to tap a 10/32 thread on the original fill hole after the plastic ball is taken out. Bought some pastic screws from an electronic parts place and they work just great. The virgin blank cartridges from Hobbicolors use plastic screws too. They are cheap and they work flawlessly to me too.

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I do find the the nylon screws and O rings fool proof once you them set up for a particular cartridge. For the OEM cartridges I use 8-32UNC nylon screw and an appropriate tap. For some of the other compatibles I find 6-32UNC nylon screws better.

I would be dubious about the clips on the exit port of the procolor cartridges being reused again. I have tried other similar setups and the clips do leak if used again. When they are new the clips are usually shrink wrapped onto the cartridge port and therefore fit tightly and don't leak. The washer in the clip is often quite compressed and doesn't seal well if reused. I have hand made a thicker rubber washer to go in the clips and then the exit port is sealed enough to allow refilling.

You do have to be careful about sales pitch. Alotofthings didn't seem to support the real life concerns that some of us experienced about SkyHorse cartridges.

There has been a greta deal of useful knowledge collected on this forum.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The clips on these carts are the same as on virgin MIS carts. They have four projections that fit into recesses on the sides of the carts. I have some MIS virgin carts in my refill rotation and the work quite well. I replaced their tiny rubber fill hole seals with the screw/o-ring seals and the carts work really well. They charge about $5 per virgin cart - a bit pricey. I also replaced the plastic screws on some hobbicolor carts with stainless steel screws as the ss screws were pointed and fed into the fill hole easier. The ss screws were also phillip head screws and were larger which made them much easier to handle - especially with rubber gloves on and slightly wet with ink.

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I like the idea of the four pronged clips, better than the full cartridge clips as they stress the main front clip on the cartridge. I have had some of these break off from the body of the ink cartridge at the hinge and thus the cartridge becomes useless. The brand I have been using with the four pronged export port clips have a "e" on the the top of them, however the clips leaked when I used them at my first refill. MIS cartridges aren't available here in Oz, but I will ty Procolor

lotuslee

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Four pronged clips printer is always more expensive than the full cartridge clips ones

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
lotuslee said:
Four pronged clips printer is always more expensive than the full cartridge clips ones
Please explain?

Presumably you are saying that it is more expensive to manufacture cartridges with 4 pronged clips than with a full cartrige clip.

Certainly from the end users perspective as there are so many factors involved in determining the cost of the inkjet cartridge, cartridges with all pronged clips are not always more expensive.