Hi, Need HELP, finding a printer with an easy refill by myself

momcarol31

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I have a HP photo smart, that I use and refill myself for a year, but then the message came as an error of an empty cartridge, and I could not reset it back , I tried everything but it did not work, now I need a new printer but cheap one with an easy way to refill, and an easy way to reset it, please let me know, thanks a lot

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
what paper are you using? what usuall printing size? what kind of stuff are you printing?

I would go for an A3+ Epson 1400 Dye based printer with refillable cartriges

momcarol31

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I usually use it for basic printing, like coupons, documents copy mostly regular paper or the usual

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
?? Don't you get that message all the time? There's no way to reset a cartridge. I just ignore those messages. Or maybe I don't understand the problem?

If the cartridges are low, then refill them. If not, just keep printing. Sometimes there's no substitute for a new HP cartridge. If that doesn't work and you can't clean the head, then maybe it's kaput.

momcarol31

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
The old Hp printer is dead, I need to buy a new one, that's why im looking to buy one that allow me to refill and I can reset it in case of the same problem, do you have any others in mind?

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
So you need an All-in-One or just a regular printer? Where are you from and what is your budget for this?

momcarol31

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I would like to get a printer easy to refill by myself, cheap, and east to reset in case needed. Any recommendations?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
momcarol31 said:
I would like to get a printer easy to refill by myself, cheap, and east to reset in case needed. Any recommendations?
Tudor said:
So you need an All-in-One or just a regular printer? Where are you from and what is your budget for this?
OK that is a fairly easy one to answer but first you have to give us more information as requested by Tudor..

momcarol31

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm a coupon mom and I have a half gallon black ink ready to be use, I was using before HP photo smart for a year and its not working anymore, now I need a new printer to print regular stuff from internet and scan, so I can use the ink left, which is a lot, so I'm looking for a cheap printer 100 dollars, that I can print from internet, and I can refill easy the cartridges or reset it easy in case of a low ink message, any suggestions, I'm from south florida