Hi, I have a pro9500 Mark2, because of the B200 error message, I want to reset EEPROM,

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
If
My favourite photography club (where exhibtions and competitions are the main reasons for printing) has been dormant for the last year and it will probably take half a year until anything happens. Three months to a full year between print jobs is what I must plan for. I had given strict orders to my braincell to regularly do these maintenance nozzle checks you suggested but it failed miserably and so did the old printhead. I have been using Precision Colors refill inks so far and will continue now that I see that they handle storage well. My plan now is to buy more refill ink and make a set of "preservation" cartridges filled with the stuff from the link you provided. Much appreciated!

... now to the next important task! How to preserve my own head from drying out when in voluntary house arrest.

Have you tried an alarm on your phone or Google calendar? "Print nozzle check"

I have 7 printers and each 2 weeks or max a month print a nozzle check on each of them

Jose Rodriguez says every 60 hours but for me is too close unless you own a print shop. He claims however to have around 20 printers, with this number they are his tamagochis, or... considered as pets or even sons maybe... xD

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
... now to the next important task! How to preserve my own head from drying out when in voluntary house arrest.
Indefinite leave from your printer can be handled quite easily, firstly never remove the carts or print head, the best place for them is in the printer, the printer will keep like that safely without doing anything to it for 12 months or more.

The carts should be more than 50% full and when finished printing just turn it off and walk away even using PC inks, but if you really want to be overly protective then fill a spare set of cart with @pharmacist solution, and run 1 normal head clean and power off....

Remember to leave a note on the printer that you don’t have any ink in the carts when powering on again in the distant future, then give the printer a few minutes to wake up before installing a set of filled carts, also remember to shake all the carts before installing…

Tandberg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II
Back in the days when I did this thing called "work" it was encuraged that we took all the necessary precautions to keep stuff from blowing up or crashing (flying stuff, explosives or both). Some of this thinking rubbed off on me so the solution to fill cartridges with "preservative" and keep them in the printer fits me perfectly. I have two sets of refill cartridges (OEM) that I swap at the first low level warning. By getting a third set (OEM) and fill one set with clear fluid I can end a printing session in a way that will let me forget about printer maintenance until the next time I want to print.

Empty used OEM cartridges seem to be impossible to find so buying brand new ones is not ideal but gets the job done. I had missed that Precision Colors don't ship to Europe so I need some time to find an alternative and the new set will fill the gap. Octopus Office (Germany) is a possible alternative unless the collected experience here says otherwise. I don't mind if I have to make new profiles, in reality only two papers that I use.

Amazing how your knowledge here, a long walk in a wintery forest and some irish coffe solves frustrating problems!

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
Even if the quality maybe is not as the other I do use Inktek inks, they are Korean and well done. Easily found in Germany in liters with competive prices by a seller on eBay ;)

Tandberg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II
That sounds lika a very kind and generous offer that will make things even easier. Is there some way of writing directly to you for the details?

... answer to myself - found the "start conversation" button!
Will use that tomorrow. Many Thanks!!

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
That sounds lika a very kind and generous offer that will make things even easier. Is there some way of writing directly to you for the details?

... answer to myself - found the "start conversation" button!
Will use that tomorrow. Many Thanks!!
You can send me a pm (conversation icon top right).

DPD sends to Sweden for € 22.50

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
... fill one set with clear fluid I can end a printing session in a way that will let me forget about printer maintenance until the next time I want to print.
I once mothballed a PRO-9500II this way and when I took it in use again several nozzles were blocked and half of 2 gone, meaning the printhead was dead.
I think a cleaning cycle does not remove all ink from the head.
Possibly cleaning uses not only purge pump suction but also print instructions. Printing with a solution containing mostly water doesn't cool enough.
Now I remove the printhead and bath it until the water is clear, and after a final bath in 50% isopropanol put in in a zip bag when I want to stock a printer.

You can leave this printer at least one month without use.
All this fiddling is a risk (and it is your last printhead), the long life of your printer is using it regularly.

Last edited:

Tandberg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II
Warum einfach wenn es so herrlich kompliziert sein kann?

It takes more energy to boil water than many other fluids so this should keep things cool but I don't know precisely what other fluids are used in the inks. Changing viscosity and density can be other causes for pigments to form a "sediment" at the bottom and plug the openings on the print head in hibernation (when the ink is diluted but not removed completely). I have lots of small vacuum and pressure pumps so I can have any fluid flowing through the print head in both directions. If this is of any use whatsoever is another question. A slow flow of wine through me eases the mental congestion here anyway. It's called "helmet fire" when a pilot gets overwhelmed with too many important decitions but I'm not affected (today anyway).

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Warum einfach wenn es so herrlich kompliziert sein kann?

It takes more energy to boil water than many other fluids so this should keep things cool but I don't know precisely what other fluids are used in the inks. Changing viscosity and density can be other causes for pigments to form a "sediment" at the bottom and plug the openings on the print head in hibernation (when the ink is diluted but not removed completely). I have lots of small vacuum and pressure pumps so I can have any fluid flowing through the print head in both directions. If this is of any use whatsoever is another question. A slow flow of wine through me eases the mental congestion here anyway. It's called "helmet fire" when a pilot gets overwhelmed with too many important decitions but I'm not affected (today anyway).

If you want I send you a printhead with half of cyan nozzles bad (electric problem but still functional) to experiment with pressure pumps ?
Remember this is your last printhead...