Hi, I have a pro9500 Mark2, because of the B200 error message, I want to reset EEPROM,

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
If I were a religious man, my advice would be to observe at least five main Commandments on Canon inkjets.

1- Thou shall not disable ink monitoring.
2- Thou shall not print if nozzle checks are bad,
3- Thou shall not print borderless.
4- Thou shall not apply pressure with a syringe or pump if cleaning the printhead out of the printer.
5- Thou shall not purchase refurbished printheads.

,,and maybe some more not so paramount but still..

6- Thou shall not wait until the original printhead fails to purchase a spare, -Get it ASAP from a reliable dealer.
7- Thou shall not refill third party carts.
8- Thou shall not refill with only a single set of cartridges.
9- Thou shall not refill before resetting the chip, if a redsetter is used.
10- Thou shall not pay much attention to what I say ( except for this post.)

If only I had observed all those Commandments from the beginning (specially the 10th. ) probably several of my deceased printheads still would be alive.

Tandberg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II
-- reply to Palombian --

Why not?
I was just thinking of The Hat's method combined with your own experiences. Replace cartridges with "the cleaners", do a normal clean, wait for "a while" and let the pigments settle, do another normal clean, check if any pigments remain. With no pigments remaining what could go wrong? The engineering braincell could possibly be bribed to find out how long "a while" should be. Maybe "two whiles" are necessary?

Tandberg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II
If I were a religious man, my advice would be to observe at least five main Commandments on Canon inkjets.

4- Thou shall not apply pressure with a syringe or pump if cleaning the printhead out of the printer.
I'm a heathen so I must contradict the 4:th commandment. It is only true with fluid on one side and air on the other. Fluid on both sides removes the forces from the surface tension in the tiny holes and the only forces involved come from the turbulence in the tiny holes.

'th became a "Thud" - creepy!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'm a heathen so I must contradict the 4:th commandment.
I reckon your overthinking this situation all together, a Canon print head needs ink inside it to prevent it from overheating, I can’t explain it in technical terms, but believe me it’s true. Water won’t cut it because it boils to fast and leaves the nozzle vulnerable.

Canon Pigment ink printers when first turned on with agitate the whole print head for a minute or so, the object of this exercise it to shake the settled pigment ink from the bottom of the carts and mix it with the remain fluids above, this stops the print head in jesting solid pigment ink partials.

You don’t have to be religious to follow @Artur5 bible, good advice given should never be wasted.. :thumbsup

Tandberg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II
You got the physics all wrong - printhead out of printer does not have anything to do when ink boils or anything overheats. It's all room temperature! The laws of physics beats any religious beliefs! Read #4 again slowly and carefully!

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I'm a heathen so I must contradict the 4:th commandment. It is only true with fluid on one side and air on the other. Fluid on both sides removes the forces from the surface tension in the tiny holes and the only forces involved come from the turbulence in the tiny holes.

'th became a "Thud" - creepy!!
How can you be totally sure that there's no air inside the printhead ?. Sometimes, what may seem clogs by dried ink are in reality very small bubbles of air trapped inside the nozzle channels preventing the ink from being ejected. If this is the case, when you apply pressure, the compression of these bubbles can destroy a nozzle. Two or three of my printheads died this way.
I'd rather be safe than bold when the health of costly printheads are involved.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
printhead out of printer does not have anything to do when ink boils or anything overheats.
You are correct but you are talking about something different than others are referencing.

Initially, IIRC, you were discussing using a solution other than ink to put in cartridges and run it through the print head during a print job to cleanse the print head.

Canon printers heat up the ink before spitting it out on the paper. The ink serves two purposes: to create the image/document and to cool the heated nozzles to avoid warping or burning them out.

Without a sufficiently formulated cleansing admixture to handle the job of cooling the nozzles you are courting irreparable nozzle damage. This is the point some are making.