Help!!!

Danny Kiwi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi yous all from down here in New Zealand!!
I have one serious big problem with my Canon Pixma 5000 and the 3BK Cartridge..
I took this in to the local "Refiller", mainly because I dont have any Pigmented Ink, and use Dye based to fill my other Colors!!
Low and behold ,the Refiller has bauzed it up bigtime as my Printer is almost completely blocked and wont print the 3Bk black(the one e mainly used for text on the Canon Pixmas..
He now is denying all knowlege of causing the blockage and even had the Cheek to say that he could not even Test the Printer when I took it back and complained as the Canon Software would not install(Yeah Right)..lol lol..
Anyay to "cut to the chase "is there any method that I can use to perhaps unblock the black jets in the Printhead??
All the other colors are fine..its just the 3BK Black!!
Please Help!!
Tx

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You certainly have a disreputable refiller, and should launch a complaint against him/at your Local Better Business Bureau. He certainly will not be in business very long with his brand of "customer service"
If your printer is still under warranty, Canon should replace the print head. If not, try the "flush" advice seen here in other posts.
Then, if I were you, I'd buy good-quality pigmented ink, and learn refilling on your own.

In any case, best of luck!!

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Need to be sure that it is the print head that is blocked. Wasn't sure from your post if you tried with another known to work 3blk in the printhead. Otherwise it could be a problem with the cartridge you had refilled. Sometimes the sponge at the exit port gets pushed up and then the ink will not wick down into the printhead as there is no direct contact. Though this would be unusual for an OEM cartridge.

If it is truly a printhead blockage, would suggest not continuing with the recently refilled cartridge as the quality of the ink sounds doubtful.

Long term if you don't want to get into refilling yourself ( Canon 3blk cartridges are easy to refill are after browsing around in this forum ) perhaps consider non OEM prefilled cartridges.

Danny Kiwi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Printer still is under Warrenty ,however will I not have to take it in with all Original Canon Carts???as the Warrenty is Voided down here if the user uses non Canon Cartridges,,
I agree with" Disreputable Refiller" however ..this Guy is a Scurilous Rogue I am afraid..he has tried this "Not My Fault thing with me once before with a Epson that had its Printhead Blocked...that particular time he stated that unless I had a writen Technicians Report that stated that his Ink was to blame he was completely Innocent of damaging the Epson Printhead..
I think I will make a compalint to the Franchise Head Office about this Thief!!!
TX
BTW what is a Pixma 5000 Printhead worth to buy???
TX again.....

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
A phone call to Canon should solve this. Canon is good about replacing print heads. If you can find some genuine empties to use in the returned head, that would be best.

In Canada, a new print head runs about $70.00

Good luck!

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
This may be too elementary to even ask, but did the refiller use any tape to cover over the vent holes? Did you make sure there isn't any blockage of the vents? Also, remove the cartridge from the printhead and while holding it over a sink or paper towel, squeeze the sides of the tank. You should get a drip or two from the outlet port. Last, did you perform any cleaning cycles on the black nozzles to insure there isn't any air in the print head?

Danny Kiwi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes I did do all the said things of coarse,however I now feel that the Printhead may be damaged..
The Canadian Chap said a new Printhead is only about $70.00(Canadian),,that is about $80.00 New Zealand,(our dollar is worth about seventy cents U.S,,,,
It may be a bit more down here but the thing that annoyed me was when I saw the Canon Repair Agent today, he was ering and ahing about replacing under Warrenty and gave me the impression that many of the problems are caused by the User!!and therfore are not a Warenty thing..
If the worse comes to the worse could anyone suggest a supplier of Pixma 5000 Printheads in the U.S or Canada??
Thanks a million for all your Input, and Kia Ora from New-Zealand

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
What I can suggest is this:

Canon Canada parts department...fax # 1 905 795-2168. This where I order Canon printheads for my customers when needed. I suggest that you fax them, and ask who in N.Z. carries these printheads.

I still think, however, that Canon N.Z. will replace your original printhead as long as you have your invoice and the printer is still inder warranty.
Best of Luck!!