help with canon pixma ip1800....

ddoeboy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Howdy.....This little printer has been great, I will say. My photography business has increased and I will be looking into a more professional printer soon but in the meantime.......
Needless to say I go through loads of ink. Color......even when printing mostly black and white, so I know I saw in the Staples reference book by the cartridges the the CL 51 which is 7ml instead of the small 4 ml would work also for this printer....I installed it and it won't recognize it so I can not print. (I will be pointing this out to the Staples folks)
My question FINALLY, Is there a way to get my printer to recognize this cartridge so I can use it and not waste the 40 bucks? I did download the driver for the printer it is specifically used for but don't know where to go from there.
Thanks for any help you can give!!:)
D

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
the ip 1800 comes with the small pg-30 and cl-31 cartridges. It will take the larger and more cost-effective pg-40 and cl-41s as well, but according to Canon, will not take the 50s and 51s. this is an extremely inexpensive printer, so you might want to upgrade to a model which uses the 50s and 51s, but if you intend to any volume printing, it it much less expensive to operate one of the models which use the pgi-5 and cli-8 cartridges.

Good luck with your business!