Help with Canon iP4000!

Bird333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am getting an error of 12 flashing lights, which according to the service manual is error '6A00'. Searching around the internet seems to suggest either a paper jam or something going on with the area where the printhead rests. I popped out the two white 'sponges' and cleaned them (which was recommended at some site). I still have the error. There seems to be alot of dried ink in this area. Apparently this area moves and can get stuck with dried ink. I guess my question is how can I clean/unstick this area (I think this may be my problem). Another problem in dealing with this is I can't really find pictures of this that people are suggesting to move and I am not sure if it is safe to move them. I need to fix this ASAP or buy another printer on ebay. Please help/make suggestions if you can.

TIA!

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
There is lots of good information in that thread but Canon ink is water base so I do not recommend
trying to clean with WD40.

A safe way to clean the wiper blade assembly is to dip a clean paint brush in warm water then brush the blades then rinse the ink out of the bristles and repeat until clean. I use a new paintbrush that is wide with 2 long bristles.

Whichever method you use the wiper blades can come loose if handled roughly.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
WD40 actually contains isopropylalcohol so it should be completely miscible with your ink. Not sure what the other ingredients are.

Bird333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes, it was the 'wiper' area it had alot of gunked up ink. I cleaned alot of it off and had to manually move the wiper back to unstick it. I'm glad it was something I could fix rather easily. I used windex on a q-tip. Do you guys think that's ok? Thanks for the replies.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Bird333 said:
Yes, it was the 'wiper' area it had alot of gunked up ink. I cleaned alot of it off and had to manually move the wiper back to unstick it. I'm glad it was something I could fix rather easily. I used windex on a q-tip. Do you guys think that's ok? Thanks for the replies.
Yep, Windex and Q-Tips would be my preferred method for cleaning the wipers.