Help select All in One printer

ebaskin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am looking for all in one printer. Scanner, photo printer, text printer, copier. I don't need a fax. I am sure the quality of photo prints is not going to be as good as on a dedicated photo printer, but am willing to live with it. My Canon S800 just died and i found that i don't print enough photos to have a dedicated photo printer, also, i am short on space to have 2 printers, one for photos, one for everything else (as i have now). I still want to have a nice quality on photo prints. Also, i want something fast. My S800 was painfully slow.

I do understand that i should be looking for 4-6 ink printers. Does not seem like Epson is a good choice with waste of ink and clogging. Canon and Kodak seem to be in the running, but Canon's ink is notoriously expensive and now is chipped. I need to be able to copy from a book, not just one page. Any suggestions?
your help is greatly appreciated. thank you

Ellen

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
I have a Pixma MP600 with which I'm quite satisfied. Photo quality is superior to the HP PSC2110 it replaced. It uses 4 dye colors(dye black) plus a pigment black for text. The chipped carts are a nuscience(sic) but I'm refilling the oem carts with good results. There are refilled, reset oem cart avaiable from Atlantic Inkjet for about $7.50 each if you don't want to refill or want to keep your ink monitoring active. Scanner quality is very good for an all in one. It also has two paper feeders. I paid about $150 from Amazon with free shipping.