Help Samsung ML-1860 v.19 firmware

Bertz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have success fully deployed a number of Samsung ML-1660 printers with its firmware tweaked to accept refill cartridges with no problems. Unfortunately the ML-1660 printer was discontinued and was replaced by the ML-1860.

I was able to get hold to a copy of a firmware resetter for this model and applied it to 10 ML-1860 printers, tested and deployed in our offices. Five of these printers were returned and practically unused. I was told that it never recognized the refilled cartridges that was sent together with the printer. The odd thing is we tested the units and was able to detect these cartridges.

No sign of tampering. We tested with other cartridges and indeed the defective printers will not recognize the cartridges. The cartridges were well accepted by the other working ML-1860s we deployed. So I suppose, we rule out problems on the cartridge. The defective printers will not even recognize an original Samsung ML-104 cartridge.

The toner low sensor indicator always lit-up even with a full and samsung original cartridge. the printer is totally unusable. I tried reloading the reset firmware but still the same. I am looking for the original v1.01.00.19 firmware but is is no longer available at Samsung site. Does anybody have a copy ?

Any suggestions ?

tnx,
-bert

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Bertz
The toner low sensor indicator always lit-up even with a full and samsung original cartridge. the printer is totally unusable. I tried reloading the reset firmware but still the same. I am looking for the original v1.01.00.19 firmware but is is no longer available at Samsung site. Does anybody have a copy ?

Any suggestions ?
Samsung are notorious at putting out firmware upgrades for their laser printer and are probably the most successful at it too.
While your printer will work with a compatible cartridge this month the same may not be said for next month.

Even if you are using the new Chinese chips you are not guaranteed to be completely successful.
The answer is never upgrade the firmware on any of your Samsung laser printers ever;
even then you only have a 50/50 chance of compatibility.

Inkprint your Avatar is certainly eve catching if nothing else.. :)