Help required Pixma Pro 1

Woodie1957

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Thanks, it's the guy from Octoink i am chatting to on monday, the prints i am getting from ones supplied by cartridgesave on B&W only are somewhat cool compared to my monitor almost a blue tinge... Cant find my calibrator at the moment but even without it i know its too blue

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thanks, it's the guy from Octoink i am chatting to on monday
You can contact the guy from Octoink here on Nifty by PM, his user name is Websnail.
You can change your printing Preferences automatically or manually set them yourself in Colour/Intensity..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
empty the compatibles one by one and then swap the chip over
Doesn't need to. OP told us all the compatibles are working except Yellow, and the seller is sending him a new Yellow.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
At the calculated risk of arousing the wrath of somebody with a green hat, I can’t help saying again : the Canon Pro1 beats all the records in this forum when it comes to number of threads reporting problems. Sure it may be a terrific printer, but she’s hell to deal with.

Reminds me of the character played by Maureen O’Hara in John Ford’s ‘the quite man’. Like a red haired Irish gal the Pro1 is. That must be the reason why @The Hat loves it so much..;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
That must be the reason why @The Hat loves it so much..
Jesas @Artur5, you got me all wrong again, the Pro 1 was a printer I loved to hate, but I wasn’t going to let it get the better of me, and on a scale of one to ten, it scored a 5.
the Canon Pro1 beats all the records in this forum when it comes to number of threads reporting problems.
Yes many owners do have lots of problems with this printer, simply because they totally underestimated and don’t understand it, so it stings them back every time, if it’s misused, it dumps the toys out of the pram..

Woodie1957

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Basically i reckon its a great printer now i am getting somewhere with it and i am enjoying the results, my initial questions and doubts were based on my own ignorance of how it operated so i turned to this forum for advice and i am glad i did.

Seriously i also have a Epson R3000 from new which is undergoing repairs (by myself) that i have never been happy with up until two weeks before it broke completely. Ink jet printers this complicated will always be B*stards to set up if you upset it by choosing the wrong paper/ink/calibrator/ look at it wrong on a Tuesday... But thanks for the pointers guys i am getting there slowly

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
OK then… Start with the Feckin Yellow and he can then get back to printing
One of us has lost the plot.

OP said
  • all 3rd party cartridges work except for the Yellow
  • all 3rd party cartridges do not have the thingamajig plastic pin (Light sensor) you wanted OP to create on the aftermarket cartridges
  • The OEM Yellow cartridge appears to be functional when inserted into the print head
  • merchant who sold OP aftermarket cartridges is mailing a new Yellow cartridge
It appears it is not the plastic pin as the reason for the Yellow cartridge not functioning since all the other cartridges do not have this pin either.

Unless there is a bizarre obstruction to ink flow, or no ink at all in the new aftermarket Yellow cartridge, then the most obvious culprit is a malfunctioning Yellow aftermarket cartridge CHIP. If so, swapping the chip would be futile.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Unless there is a bizarre obstruction to ink flow, or no ink at all in the new aftermarket Yellow cartridge, then the most obvious culprit is a malfunctioning Yellow aftermarket cartridge CHIP. If so, swapping the chip would be futile.
I bow to your superior knowledge on carts and chips.. Now pass the Feckin vinegar.. :lol: