HELP -- Recommendations for a new printer

Lamba

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I want to buy a new printer preferably from one of these or others etc from eBay. Could you look here Argos and see the list of printers could you recommend one to me. I want one which I will easily be able to refill, thus it must have a easily refillable cartride. I once read an article that said canon's were easiest. Recommendations please.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Canon printers that use BCI-6 (and/or BCI-3) cartridges are the easiest to refill, especially because they do not have a chip that knows when it has been refilled. The current models of Canon printers have a chip which will disable the ink level warning and void your warranty if you refill the cartridges.

You can find a lot of refurbished MP-780 all-in-one printers on ebay for a little over $200 but shipping to England might cost a lot more. This is an excellent printer.

However, if you do decide to buy a new Canon with chipped cartridges, make sure you get one of the later models that have the larger print head with 3584 nozzles (as opposed to 1568 for the older models).

Lamba

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Anymore recommendations?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I've seen some new Canon ip6000D's (six color photo printer) from internet vendors. These have the bci-6 carts that are easily refillable, and there are also many aftermarket prefilled carts available for them. They are going for a reasonable price for new older generation Canons that are easy to refill.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
google Canon ip6000D. There are several vendors who are selling this printer new through Amazon.com. That was one of the first llinks on the google screen. Although the six color printer that came before it, the i960, had more nozzles, was faster, and had somewhat better print quality, the ip6000 will be one of the last of the printers with the bci-6 cartridges that you can buy new at this time.