HELP please! Epson Stylus sx515w print problem?

gary100

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello everyone - I'm a site Newbie.
I have an Epson Stylus sx515w which has been great.
No problems refilling in the past, I simply reset cartridges using a little resetting tool.
To day the magenta was running out, so I did a reset and refill. The red wouldn't print afterwards.
I tried replacing with a genuine cartridge, still no joy.
(I notice each time I've checked today the yellow is significantly reduced - no iea why that might be:/)
I eventually and in desperation replaced all cartridges with new (non genuine) cartridges, and ran a 'red' page 5~6 times.
It just prints green.
I tried a physical clean of the bit that engages/punctures the cartridge using a cotton bud soaked in cleaning fluid.
No change.
And now it will only print blue.
I'm guessing/hoping it might be the non-Epson ink that has perhaps clogged the print heads. No idea how to sort this though.
So if anyone has any (practical) suggestions before I hurl it through the window, I would be most grateful!
Thanks,
Gary
:)

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
http://support.vtechplace.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1

Have a look at the above link, this is basically how to flush out all Epson print heads, most use windex in the syringe. If you have cleaning fluid specifically for Epson print heads this is good as well.

Your problem may be clogging or air lock (air in the head) if the cartridges weren't refilled properly air in the cartridge will be introduced into the print head as well. Also the seals on the cartridges themselves sometimes break down over time, and air is introduced this way as well, it must be a tight seal when the cartridge is installed into the printer.

If you do a search on this forum there are procedures similar to the above here as well, with with more detail.

Good luck

gary100

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for that - looks exactly the information I need.:D
Much appreciated.
I've just worked through the procedure, and will leave overnight as advised.
I'll post tomorrow to let everyone know how I get on!

gary100

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well, the head flush worked well, and all colours started printing after a few goes.
UNFORTUNATELY whilst sorting this the black stopped printing.:rolleyes:
Nothing I could do would fix that, so I eventually took it back to the shop I bought it from.
They couldn't fix it either, but have said that Epson will replace it (under warranty) if I pay 10 postage.
That was Monday, and I'm still waiting.....