Help me let go...

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
Do I throw away my glogged Epson R200 and R220 printers or would they have value to anyone? Parts?

I also have the CIS I used with them. Would anyone want them or do I just throw it away?

This is it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Continuous-Ink-...ash=item5acf1a0fac&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

I also have some refill ink for it.

With so many people selling their printers on craigslist, is it worth my time to list them or just throw them?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
msmart said:
Do I throw away my glogged Epson R200 and R220 printers or would they have value to anyone? Parts?
I suspect there are people with R200 and R220's who would bite your arm off, or at least pay a few quid/dollars for them if you put them on as spares/repair. I would specify that they are only clogged, not dead as there is a significant difference in value.

I also have the CIS I used with them. Would anyone want them or do I just throw it away?

I also have some refill ink for it.

With so many people selling their printers on craigslist, is it worth my time to list them or just throw them?
Depends on the age of the ink and the CIS itself as ink has a rough shelf life of around 18 months to 2 years depending on conditions... I'd put that it's available for nothing extra for anyone who wants to pay the postage required to ship the extra weight and see what you get.

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
Yes, I tried unclogging them, bought a solution but it didn't help.

thanks websnail, I'll post them on craigslist as parts printers. Anyone here interested? (I wish there was a buy/sell sub-forum - hint hint)

The ink is about a year old, just bought a new supply shortly before the R220 clogged. Wasted some of it doing cleaning cycles. The CIS is in good shape and was used regularly so most of the ink is from the new supply.

Thanks.

choco_late

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i've always believed in the saying: one man's trash is another man's treasure.

and if nobody in craigslist wants to get them, search for other online venues. there will always be someone interested.

Good luck!