Help Help Help - Refilling a Maxify from a Canon GI-56 Bottle?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
That depends on which way you look at the question. Letting a GI-56 bottle rolling around while you move the needle inside an opaque bottle trying blindly to fetch the ink is not my idea of fun, but I see that your mileage varies a lot in this matter.;)
I prefer to move all the ink at once into a wide cap transparent bottle and no problem sucking the ink until the bottle is totally empty.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Since I didn't have a clean ink botle to hand I decided to go the @The Hat / @Ink stained Fingers method. I found that I could stab a pointed long hypo though the seal that surrounds the valve and draw out the ink. For next time I will probably decant the remainder of the ink into an empty ink bottle, but we are up and running again for the moment.

SOMETHING TO WATCH OUT FOR when changing carts

I discovered when I release the empty Black ink cart that the big spring that propels it outwarda had somehow popped out too far and the central plastic spigot that the spring sits on was pushing out through the side of the spring. If I had tried to put a new cart in it would probably have damaged the plastic spring mount.

Meant to take a picture but had inky gloves on at the time and didn't want to waste any time getting the filled cart installed.
RANT ..... The latest MAC OSX drivers for Monterey/Ventura do not include a printer utility, so no way to select black or colours only when doing a few cleans.

Last edited: