Help Choosing Between Canon MP800 & HP3310

SRS

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am looking at buying either a Canon Pixma MP800 or a HP 3310. One of my concerns is the ink cartridge size. The HP holds 3.5ml of ink and the Canon cartridges hold 13ml of ink. Am I comparing apples to apples here. Will the Canon last that much longer, or is the technology different and the inks will go the same distance?

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
It looks obvious to me the 3.5 ml of ink is a joke. It won't take too many 8x10 photos to empty it. Whenever I saw those tiny ink cartridges in hp printers I really felt funny. Does HP really expect to become bigger and bigger by making it smaller and smaller?

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To SRS,

Looked at the data sheet on the 3310--actually the 3.5 ml if ink is a worst case serario--some of the color cartridges have up to 6 ml of ink and the black text cartridge has a whopping 10 ml. Thats an ocean of ink if you happen to be a microscopic organism. The only plus I can see is that the 3310 may cycle some ink back to the cartridge in cleaning cycles--where its totally wasted in cleaning cycles in the MP800----but there sure is little ink to waste. And the cartridges cost much more for less ink.

On an either or---I'd say go MP800 where all the colors give you 13 ML of ink and the text black gives you 26 ml.

But if you are in the USA----I'd say get the Canon MP780--the previous generation Canon flagship all in one that also prints, scans, copies, and faxes.----On sale this week at Fry' electronics for $150.00 after rebates. And better yet its unchipped.----and contains one silly ml more of ink more per cartridge than the MP800. Even if you are not in the USA I'd say I would not consider a HP3310, might consider a MP800, but would rather get a MP780.---on an equal price basis I'd pay more for a MP780
unless the chip was already defeated.

But if you can get a MP780 for way less----it just a nobrainer.