Help Choosing a Mega/Smart/Eco Tank printer.

Chris N

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1500W
I am thinking of getting an HP Smart tank 720 or 750 printer or maybe an Epson Mega Tank L5296. I need Mega Tank duplex printing and booklet printing.

The Canon Mega Tank printers that do duplex were my first choice, but are far too expensive. I don't really need an all in 1 printer but only the, "all in one's" have auto duplex.

I was seriously thinking about the Epson Mega Tank L5296. However some reviews complained about mediocre printing quality.

Then I looked at the HP Smart Tank 720 or 750.

Does anyone have first hand experience using either the HP Smart tank series or the Epson L5296 and can offer recommendations?

Your thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Chris

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I need Mega Tank duplex printing and booklet printing.
The L-5296 only does manual duplex printing - not automatic

The ET-2850 - 3850 - 4850 do duplex printing

print quality - do you have a source for that information ? I cannot support that - a wide range of printers run with the same printhead since more than 10 years

Chris N

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1500W
Thanks for your reply. You are right. I did not read the small print. The L-5296 says it does duplex "Manually". I really need auto duplex. So now that printer is out of the question for me.

I have been using Epson photo printers for years and am happy with the print quality. I currently use the Epson 1500W (1430 in the USA).

I tried to find professional reviews for the Epson L-5296. All I could find was some reviews from Amazon that tended to criticize the print quality. So that's why I posted here to see if anyone has any first hand experience. You can't always trust what you read on Amazon.

But I need an A4 Mega/Smart/Eco tank printer that can also do auto duplex. So the only one remaining in my price range appears to be the HP Smart 670/720/750 series. I am tempted to go with the HP smart 750.

I would be interested to see if anyone has first hand experience with that printer. The reviews I have read say the print quality is good. I would like confirmation that it can print folded booklets.

Kind regards
Chris