HELP - Canon Pro9000 - CLI-8 - Printhead - Problems with Photo Magenta

jaredlk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hey guys... can someone PLEASE help me with my current problems...

I have owned a Canon Pro-9000 for a couple years now (2 actually). I do TONS of printing and have had to work out a LOT of kinks with the printer. I currently refill my cartridges and have had NO problems with ANY clogging other than Photo Magenta. In my case, It seems that Photo Magenta cartridges need to be purged every couple refills - in some cases, they don't work properly on the first use after being purged....

This seems to translate into an issue with my printhead. At times, photo magenta randomly stops flowing - sometimes this problem is due to a bad cartridge (clogged up) and other times it seems that possibly the printhead is not pulling the ink properly... with a new printhead installed I can usually solve this problem the first time or two that it shows up by just running a cleaning cycle... eventually, I might not even get half a print before the photo magenta stops flowing

Can anyone help me with this problem?? This seems to be my last kink before I have them all worked out... does anyone else use The canon pro9000 with refilled cartridges with no problems with inkflow? If so, please tell me where you buy your ink and/or what I am doing wrong!!

Thanks guys!!

jaredlk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
they are authentic canon cartridges - CLI-8 for the Pixma Pro-9000

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Have you tried a new Canon photo magenta cartridge to see if that solves the problem?