Help before I get my hammer out!

rouleur23

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello,

my first post. I have an Epson 1500w and recently CISS system for it to do sublimation printing. I have had enormous problems with the print quality. Yesterday new subli paper arrived and gave top results. Then..........today the printer does not print to the paper very well. And the warning system that tells me a particular ink is low (ink colour varies) and keeps stopping jobs mid flow. (I must add that it has done this for 2 weeks since installing the CISS) The new paper was printing really vivid and rich images. The nozzle check tells me that there is a delivery problem. I have cleaned the head a few times.

The ink was not cheap but is not branded. The fact that is can do superb work tells me the ink is ok or it would deliver rubbish all the time.

Should the base of the CISS system REALLY BE BELOW the height of the base of the cartridges in the printer? Will it deliver more ink if above?

What might be going on? Pleeeeeese.

Thank you in advance

Paz

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
it may be usefull to manually prime your cartriges that the flow is "bubbeles" for the time printing
ju

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Did you follow the CISS installation guide, did you get any guide at all. You should prime your cartridges using a syringe (suck ink till there are no more bubbles in the ink lines).

Nozzle check needs to be OK for printing to proceed normally.

Shankar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WorkForce 845
I have installed CISS from InkXpro on Epson Workforce 845. It has been about 3 months since CISS installation.
Everything is working fine - nozzle print OK, no banding in any of the four BYMC colors.
However, I've noticed two or three small air bubbles (about 5 to 10mm long) ONLY in yellow tube near the ink cartridge. No bubbles in other lines.
Can I prime the yellow cartridge while still in the cartridge carriage without removing all 4 cartridges? Inkxpro recommends removing the cartridges from carriage and priming.
What is the preferred method of priming at the cartridge - use syringe and draw ink from the ink outlet at the bottom or draw ink from the vent hole at the top?
What do folks recommend?

rouleur23

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks thus far fellas. Being a plumber.....priming does make sense. It came with no instructions and from a big seller of goods here in france.
I followed common sense and held the resevoir up until the ink reached the cartridges. I guess I never really got out all of the air.
Thanks

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
rouleur23
Once you get your priming done. Place the CISS unit either at the same level as the printer OR about 1" higher. It depends on the unit and its design. The common cause of ink starvation or back flow or ink back into the ink bottles is the CISS unit being not high enough.
Again it depends completely on the unit's design!

Joe

Shankar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WorkForce 845
Joe
For a double decker printer like Epson Workforce 845 the CISS unit needs to be raised a good 3 inches above the table level at which printer is kept.
I take added precaution to raise the ink tanks periodically, as the ink levels in the tanks start to go down due to printer usage.
I focus on the INK LEVELS in the tanks and adjust the height of CISS ink tanks so the INK LEVELS in the tanks are about 1" below the printer nozzle height.
So far this has worked for me.