Hello! Epson ink cartridge issue, CX4600 Please help

rous

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi i just found your site and was hoping someone could help me with this question. I recently purchased new replacement cartridges for my CX4600 (non-oem) and the cyan and magenta were not working properly, so i did some research and found that i needed to clean my purge tubing.... so i did the cleaning as described, replaced my cartridges and got some success, it got better the more i ran the Nozzle cleaning program, but after about 5 cleanings the software told me my ink was out in all the cartridges,. but upon removing the cartridges to check them i shake them around and they seem almost completely full,. why would this have happened and is there anything i can do to fix this as my printer wont even allow me to print now, it just says im out of ink..... please help i cant afford to buy more cartridges, especially if im not sure this thing will ever even print properly. thanks for reading and im sorry so long!!

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
rous,.... You just hit the famous Epson sucker trap. You are caught in the revolving door of not getting it to print so you do more and more cleaning cycles and nothing gets any better. There have been so many of this printers fail with this problem that Epson has been forced to ship people replacement printers even though they were long out of warranty. I got a new printer for one lady and they sent an Epson CX5000.

The problem is the suction tubes on the bottom of the purge unit. Once one of them get clogged, or contains dried up ink, and you try to do more cleaning cycles, the tube blows off the connection. So after that you think you are doing cleaning but you really are doing nothing. The ink level indicator is just counting cleaning cycles and the amount of ink that should have been dumped, but of course, none was dumped.

Go the the "fixyourownprinter" web site and do a search on "My Epson CX4600 won't print". Read many of the comments over the last year and learn what to say to the Epson people. Locate the Epson phone number and call them and see if you can get a new printer. They will at first tell you there is nothing they can do since your printer is out of warranty, but just force them to put on a supervisor and remind them of the web site were 100's of people have had the problem and that it is a "Design Defect"

The sad news to all of this is that the CX5000 isn't any better and probably happen again. They don't send you a new one,.. it is a refurbished printer. You can also fix the printer yourself by taking it all apart and putting a very small clamp on the suction tube fitting.