Hello! Can someone help a NEWB!

cropcord

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The Hat! I assume that the earlier post was not in response to my previous posts. I have been doing some searching on the forum to try and find any suitable information for Canon MP480 refilling, and have also searched for 211xl cartridge refilling. I find (not much) information about either of these. I have no issue with reading up on these items. I just figure that I might be missing something.

Primarily looking for information about what I need to do to make my printer refillable. i.e. resetting. The one guide I did find seemed fairly easy. It showed someone refilling the OEM cartridge from the top. 1 hole for the black, and then on the color cartridge, there was a reservoir for each yellow, cyan, magenta, and therefore 3 holes strategically placed in the top of that cartridge.

The only thing I can't find is whether or not the process is that simple. Surely it can't be that easy. There has to be some catch

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
cropcord

No it was mainly for the attention of csu2ipf and any others who might be interested.

Refilling these cartridges is that easy thats their problem,
you really dont know for sure if you put in to little or too much ink and you can be left guessing.

As I said earlier there are so many things outside your control that you cant see
so you must stick to the refilling guide lines exactly,
unlike the single cartridges where you can see and measure you progress.

You can be very lucky refilling the cartridges but as far as I know the cartridges
can only be refilled a couple of time successfully before major problems start to occur,
that why I used the words A bit of a Bitch, one when it fails and two your forced to buy a new replacement..

F

FastForward

cropcord said:
The Hat! I assume that the earlier post was not in response to my previous posts. I have been doing some searching on the forum to try and find any suitable information for Canon MP480 refilling, and have also searched for 211xl cartridge refilling. I find (not much) information about either of these. I have no issue with reading up on these items. I just figure that I might be missing something.

Primarily looking for information about what I need to do to make my printer refillable. i.e. resetting. The one guide I did find seemed fairly easy. It showed someone refilling the OEM cartridge from the top. 1 hole for the black, and then on the color cartridge, there was a reservoir for each yellow, cyan, magenta, and therefore 3 holes strategically placed in the top of that cartridge.

The only thing I can't find is whether or not the process is that simple. Surely it can't be that easy. There has to be some catch
Search YouTube for "Canon 211 refill" and "Canon 511 refill". There are a few vids there but I think that some of them are not the best methods. I have never refilled these carts but some of the quality kits in the US include a plastic fixture that holds the cart and allows you to "prime" the integrated printhead with a syringe. I think this is the catch of which you speak.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I found a detailed instruction for refilling the combined sponge(s) and printhead Canon cartridges on druckerchannel.de. Note that these cartridges are chipped like their single ink tank cousins. Like with printers using the single ink tanks, ink monitoring can be disabled allowing you to print using refilled cartridges. It seems that no resetters exist for these cartridges, so you will have to disable ink monitoring. The cartridges in the instruction are older than the 211 cartridges, but I'm sure the newer cartridges are very similar. Also note the similarity with the HP 56/57 cartridges. Combined cartridges seem very similar even if they are different brands.

You find the instruction for refilling and disabling ink monitoring here: http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=1629&seite=1&t=refill_anleitung_fuer_canon_kombipatronen or a Google translation into English: http://translate.google.dk/translat...1&t=refill_anleitung_fuer_canon_kombipatronen

camsenior

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Is there any info on when a resetter will be available for canon 251/250?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
camsenior said:
Is there any info on when a resetter will be available for canon 251/250?
There is a different type of paper chip fitted to the 251/250 carts so it is lightly that there will never be a resetter made for them,
Canon have done their home work with this chip and may have got it right.

Its either refill blind and check your cartridges by weight or change to the cheaper option of the refill compatibles,
their chips are not resettable either but the carts are see-thru which helps..

camsenior

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a two computer wired to a Home Group network, comp. # 1 is win 7 and has a printer installed with USB comp. #2 is Win. 8, I had the network up and running sharing files and printer, now I suddenly cannot print from the Win 8 comp. when I try to ADD PRINTER the network printer shows up on the list but when I try to install it I get the 0x0000052e error I have done everything I know to do. To my knowledge nothing has changed on the Win 8 comp. help would be appreciated,
Bob

thierry_muglar

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark S315
Cropcord, I also currently have a Lexmark S315 and tried to refill it only to get the same results. Its probably a better idea to do what I did and just replace the cartridges and stop refilling it with ink rather than getting a whole new printer since its not your printer that’s the problem. I din't want to spend a whole lot of money on expensive ink cartridges so i started buying re-manufactured ink cartridges online. Believe this will save you time, money, and hassle. the refilling sets cost over $10 box. and i found this deal (http://www.compandsave.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ZINK-Lexmark-150XL-Combo4) where i order the compatible 4 set for around $25.