Hello! And some general questions before I dive in...

speedmonk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
First off, hello to the forum!

I have an opportunity to provide a service to some clients that involves printing a high volume of on demand technical documents in color.

Not many photos and not a lot of dense color. So I was considering the HP 2800DN. It claims to be a high volume inkjet printer with a 12000 page monthly cycle and seperate CMYK ink containers, each holding 26ml.

Would anyone have a suggestion for s similiar printer? I looked at canon and epson but they seen to be more photo oriented.

Reading this forum, I am concerned about the chips screwing up refilling. It seems I can only provide this service by purchasing gallon quantities of ink, definately not new cartridges at bestbuy every time.

A general question wrt to printing is with multiple trays. If I had a cover that was 11x17 but the pages 8.5x11 will the application/printer autosense the size and pull the correct paper from the tray within the same document/print job?

This is a workflow issue because I am hoping that the cover will seperate the jobs as each one will be unique, without having to manually print each seperately (which will increase the chance of errors). I would be doing as many as 600 in one day, each about 40 pages. ( I plan on buying more than one printer if it works out)

I am a little weary of taking the plunge, perhaps I just have to buy one and try it out.

Thanks
James MacLeod