hello all

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
ok will try it.

will the printer keep a record of an eeprom reset ?

refilldude

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
no i dont think so... why would that matter plz

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
it does not work :(

they changed the button sequence starting from the MP970 and that one is for the MP600 saw it on damnprinter.com

refilldude

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
yeah ok.. the mp6xx and mp9xx ranges have the same sequences...ill get back to u if i find out more...can you even get into the service mode. as i heard the new canons service modes had been disabled but can see them doing it myself

refilldude

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
in the meantime try looking for instructions for reseting the waste counter as this is the same section of the eeprom reset and is alot more popular than what you are after

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
yes I can get into service mode (screen says Service mode) and with that software I can print the eeprom

but the sequence to reset eeprom is changed (I think) cos it's not working

I will ask santa for a service manual :)

thanks for your help

danieldoty

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi refill dude! I think I discovered something HP owners should know. Can you confirm this for me?

I just logged on to this site , and I was trying to post this to everybody: HP color ink cartriges have their little color dot stickers reversed as to how the ink is loaded. THE BLUE AND THE YELLOW WERE REVERSED.
compared to the sticker.
this will cause a person refilling their own ink to put blue in yellow and yellow in blue and so all of your color prints are off in shading.
am i the last person to figure this out??
I REALLY thought that the little sticker with the three color dots was wrong the red color remained in the middle on the cartridge, but as I peeled the sticker back and looked into the tiny holes, to refill it the blue dot on the sticker was over the yellow sponge in the cartridge, and the yellow dot on the sticker was over the blue colored sponge in the cartridge.........if I am not crazy, this would make people buy more original equipment HP cartriges when the color was off on prints.......please check this out.I dont think I'm crazy.
I think I saw what I saw. My HP 5610 fax all in one machine seems to be printing beautifully
with some very generic "big Bottle ink"

daniel

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Re danieldoty post I have refilled HP 56/57 carts with no problems because the refill kit instructions show you which colour to put each hole and therefore you take no notice of the HP printed label

Latest posts