Had a bit of an issue refilling

flowrider

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
I was trying to refill an OEM CLi-42 and lost seal on the vent hole. It filled the sponge. I've since drained the reservoir and the sponge but wondering if I should flush the cartridge now.

This is what it looks like. No white left on top.
What do you think?
14508081254871792949110.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Nope, just start again but this time take a little bit more time.. :)

flowrider

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Thanks all. Good to know. Anyone know if I have to ream the hole out where the ball comes out? I tried a plug that comes in the Precision kit and it doesnt want to fit. Are people using a 5/32" bit to enlarge it a bit?

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Thanks all. Good to know. Anyone know if I have to ream the hole out where the ball comes out? I tried a plug that comes in the Precision kit and it doesnt want to fit. Are people using a 5/32" bit to enlarge it a bit?

I am pretty sure there are different size plugs. so be careful.

On my 870 I use a plug exactly same size as the ball hole. Plugs are small and fit flush with top of cartridge.

My CL-42 plugs are more robust and had to have a hole drilled to 5/32. »The outer rim sits quite a bit above the level of the cartridge which is not a problem in the Pro 100.

rs

flowrider

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Thanks Roy. I'll drill them out a bit then after trying it on a discard yellow cartridge I have. If I try and put it in otherwise it'll only go in half way and won't keep a good seal.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Thanks Roy. I'll drill them out a bit then after trying it on a discard yellow cartridge I have. If I try and put it in otherwise it'll only go in half way and won't keep a good seal.

Almost certain is is the 5/32 inch diameter based on your comments, but best to test it first.

I know if I try and put the 5/32 plugs into an original hole it only goes part way in and clearly needs a small increase in diameter to fit properly.

rs

flowrider

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Thanks Roy. I enlarged the hole with a 5/32 bit and it worked great!