Gutenprint...The Poor Man's RIP

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@Alex23

Instead of dueling it out with The Hat, the forum's own Tommy Tiernan (an Irish comedian I have never heard but read is popular), let's concentrate on resolving your problem.

Did you previously have the program running on Win 7? Maybe your current installation/set up/use of the apps is incorrect. Maybe one of the apps is corrupt or Windows is corrupt. Maybe Windows needs to be updated. Maybe Windows needs some ancillary app like a Library file or a .NET to run the program. There is much that could be wrong including an incompatibility. :idunno

The best thing to do, once you are confident you can run the apps on Windows 7, is to start all over.

Did you take a look at the installation instructions I linked? They look fairly involved and a little byzantine. They are what they are. From a fresh reboot, try them again. Make sure you are using the exact same versions of the apps for installation, not updated ones. You can try updating later once you get it working.

Alex23

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
IP4700,R2400
Hello stratman : )

I already know the pdf, my translation program cannot read it, but I think i undestood everything.

I had not used the program before. Like soberprint I use win7, but in 64 bit.
Probably that's the problem. As I said, everything works (Gutenprint GUI etc) meanwhile, just not the printing process. There is probably only a small mistake. o_O