Green cast in normal quality on Canon MP760

ggn

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
As per title, on plain paper I am getting a green cast with normal quality setting, but it goes away if I set high quality- does anyone know a possible cause for this (I recently refilled the hobbicolors cart with cyan ink if that is relevent :/).

ggn

ggn

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hmmm did I answer my own question? Is it something to do with the cyan being refilled? But why would the green cast only occur in normal and not high quality? I think I have also noticed previously that I sometimes get little bands of colour on plain paper with the normal setting which will then disappear if I select high quality? Can anyone explain why some print defects only occur in normal quality but will then disappear in high quality mode?

Thanks

ggn

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Do a nozzle check. A nozzle check not only checks the condition of the print head. It actually checks the combination of ink cartridges as well as the print head. You may have a cartridge that was overfilled. You just refilled your Cyan so look for the Cyan cartridge first. Or you may have a leak from the Cyan.

According to my experience in using Hobbicolors kits their virgin cartridges ink tends to flow more freely. While this is great as it will be less likely getting clogged but they tend to leak by filling too much ink into the sponge. If you have a problem right after refilling you may have filled too much ink into your cartridges.

Try to do a cleaning cycle and if the problem goes away then comes back later you have got a leak in one or more of your cartridges. Hobbiolors refill kits have worked very reliably for me. But you have to remember to never overfill the cartridges. The cartridges will work extremely well all the way until they are empty.

ggn

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply hp. I have done a nozzle check and it shows no defects. However I still get green cast on normal quality. Re: the hobbicolors cartridges I did notice in the instructions it says part of the sponge should remain white and I always tried to do this but on the last few refills the sponge seems to be coloured all the way to the top even if the cartridge seems to be empty.