Greedy Printer Canon MP610 AIO

beduch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have just started using a new Canon MP610 instead of my IP4500, everything is fine apart from the ink consumption.

Is this all in one more greedy with ink than the stand alone printer, the 4 cartridges for colour are half empty but the black for text is ok, I have only printed 1 DVD plus a couple of 4X6 photos, the cartridges are not leaking

The cartridges and printhead came out of the IP4500 which has been put away in storage, this problem never happened with the IP4500 as it used very little ink from the start, but the MP610 seems to be for ever going through a cleaning cycle when it is switched on.

Any help would be appreciated

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Maybe the new printer is set to a different quality setting? Which would affect ink usage.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Also don't keep checking on your ink by lifting the cover, when you do, it goes through some additional cleaning. Removing a cartridge results in an ink intensive priming session for the printer.

beduch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

Settings are exactly the same as before.

Cover not lifted as suggested, just once before to check levels when cartridges fitted. They were full when installed