Gradient banding.. Ink starvation? Suggested causes?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I must admit Mikling that initially I wasn't in total agreement with you but after the past week of seeing a few changes work and/or not I have to say that it would appear that the Canon printers are indeed less tolerant of the CIS although there's a few reasons for this that I'd like to suggest having fought my way through this past 6 months.

1. The printer case is designed in a way that restricts all but the most carefully pathed tubing
2. The wide ink port on the cartridges and the way the printhead accepts ink makes for a LOT of potential air leaks
3. The hollow rubber grommet adds to the problems
4. The carriages are far more interdependant than it might appear so alterations to depth, pressure, etc.. of the cartridge into the carriage/printhead affect the others

Granted there are likely to be some additional factors brought about by the different technology used to jet the ink onto the paper but the points above compared to the much simpler and more rhobust Epson system do make the Canon a very difficult prospect when it comes to CISs. In a nutshell there are a LOT more variables that can affect the Canons compared to the Epsons... a LOT more!!

Still.. something for another day... I could use a rest :p