Good grief but that was NOT fun!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
In case anyone has been trying to get any kind of response, rise, complain, beg... or, well... communicate with me for whatever reason over the past week...

... erm... I've been ill... not quite the terminal, "oh dear, shall we plan your funeral now" ill but definitely into the realms of "Call this man flu and I will find and kill you when I recover use of my limbs" bug.

My joyous bundle of a son passed on a cough and cold that gave me the requisite 48 hour "Oh it was just a cold" fake out before decending on me with a fever, brain rattling cough and energy sapping powers that have lasted 6 of the longest days of my life.

To put it into a context that you may understand... I have spent less than 2 hours next to my computer in a WEEK!... Last time that happened was on my honeymoon and my wife had a seriously sharp knife to match my will to remain alive to explain that!

Anyway... that's why I've been so quiet and, frankly, totally useless to man, beast, child or wife... Bear with me... or I'll explain the symptoms in detail...

Ta... :/
[and not it wasn't an April Fool]

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Aha, this is called the flu...the real thing.

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
websnail said:
In case anyone has been trying to get any kind of response, rise, complain, beg... or, well... communicate with me for whatever reason over the past week...
Hope you are feeling better ... I've learned a lot from your posts.

Something I've wondered ... which of the "Inkjet Masters" have refilling-related businesses? I believe you are "Mr. OctoInkJet", and Mikling is "Mr. Precision Colors". [Edit] The forum ... and myself ... have been blessed to have the benefit of your experience and expertise over the years.

Some years back (way before my time), there was an employee of R-Jet Tek that posted. Are there others? I'm unclear if printfan1138 is directly or indirectly affiliated with Ross Hardie at inkjetcarts.us

The FAQ has a list of recommended vendors, but it may not be all that current. I. Weiner distributes a more up-to-date list every once in a while. Are some of those active on this forum?

All other things being more or less equal, my preference is to do business with active forum members (other than spammers ... which I understand has been an on-going problem for the moderators).

[Edit] WebSnail and Mikling are certainly not spammers or forum "shills". I think if I were starting over again with refilling, I'd consider dealing with one of them rather than R-Jet Tek. That's not a criticism of R-Jet Tek, with which I am completely satisfied and they're local.

The R-Jet Tek sales-lady I deal with has mentioned they aren't staffed to provide hand-holding/mentoring/coaching to newbie hobby'ist printers. They assume you know what you are doing when you write a check for many thousands to start a refilling business with their equipment. The hand-holding I didn't get from them when I was a complete refilling newbie was .... fortunately ... available from this forum.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
l_d_allan said:
websnail said:
Hope you are feeling better ... I've learned a lot from your posts.

Something I've wondered ... which of the "Inkjet Masters" have refilling-related businesses? I believe you are "Mr. OctoInkJet", and Mikling is "Mr. Precision Colors". Some years back (way before my time), there was an employee of R-Jet Tek that posted. Are there others? I'm unclear if printfan1138 is directly or indirectly affiliated with Ross Hardie at inkjetcarts.us
Websnail - Those little rug rats are a veritable petri dish full of pathogens! At any age, I would advise parents of small children to get the flu shots each year.

l_d - There is a very important distinction that separates Mikling and Websnail from our occasional spammers. Both of these participants were long time contributors to our forum before considering selling refilling products, and they have continued to contribute with great frequency with help or information totally separate and apart from the products that they have for sale. They have also focused their business activity on excellent products that have been time-tested by many participants prior to beginning their business.

The most obvious spammers are the ones who either post rave reviews and links in their first few posts, or they post inane comments in order to show a link within the post. A few have been more subtle, continuing to tout a company or product at every chance, but contributing all the while.

I hope that your mentioning Websnail and Mikling doesn't create the implication that they are also spammers who are here to just sell products.

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
fotofreek said:
I hope that your mentioning Websnail and Mikling doesn't create the implication that they are also spammers who are here to just sell products.
Sorry ... I can certainly be "as clear as mud". When I re-read my post, I can see how it could be taken as critical of Mikling and WebSnail. That certainly wasn't my intention. I'll after-the-fact edit the earlier post.

I tried to make a purchase from one of them (don't recall which ... the one in Canada), and encountered a glitch at the check-out stage. Otherwise, I'd prefer to deal with one of them than R-Jet Tek because of their value to this forum. R-Jet Tek isn't really oriented to the hobby'ist.

I do wonder if some people think I'm a "shill" for R-Jet Tek and/or OCP. Nope.