Getting double sided printouts to line up.

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just thought Id share this bit of info as a matter of interest to anyone who may find themselves in the same or similar situation. That is, where they are printing out (as in my case) a CD booklet (for lyrics). Youre basically wanting to get the opposite side to line up exactly or pretty close to it, so any border edging or indeed text doesn't get skewiff or cut off because the printer isnt quite lining up the outer edge border properly.

- Quite some time ago I did a test print with just the outline of the 2 paged option (within the canon software). Then I turned the page and did the same on the opposite side. Holding the paper up to the light, I could see the outlines pretty much exactly lined up. End of story....or so I thought.

- I found that with the graphics and the text etc (as opposed to just a thin outline) this didn't turn out to be the case. I was getting in some cases what seemed like a 2mm discrepancy...too much to ignore! So I started dicing with some settings.

Heres what I found, using Canons own program that came bundled with the printer (Canon easyprint toolbox)

- When I used the Plainpaper setting & Standard quality the print area on both sides lined up almost perfectly, whether I did grapics or text or both.

- When I used the Hi Resolution Paper setting and Hi Quality print, I found the opposite side was way out. After playing with the "Top" and "Left" options I found by putting the setting on "Left -1.0mm" I then got the opposite side to line up almost perfectly. I've done this with consistancy for about a dozen prints. One happy camper!!!!
:) :cool:

Hope this of use to someone

Cheers Music Image.