Gamut comparision of OEM inks

WolfgangExler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Does anybody know a site where I can find some information about the gamut of Canon Chromalife100, Epson Claria Photographic, Epson UltraBrite, Eplus UltraChrome and HP Vivera inks?

Wolfgang

WolfgangExler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ian said:
What information are you looking for?
I want to verify which ink is capable of showing the biggest gamut.

I currently verify the gamuts of my printers with several papers and some refill inks. A created about 300 individual ICC profiles with this printers/ink/paper combinations.
Befor I publish my results, I would find if anybody else did something similar and compared e.g. Epson Claria Photographic Ink with Canon Chromalife100 or HP Vivera Pigment ink.

I would find a paper which can be used on all inks with good results, even if Dye or Pigment. And I'm currently running to get one paper as a favorite common for all my printers.

Wolfgang

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
WolfgangExler said:
Does anybody know a site where I can find some information about the gamut of Canon Chromalife100, Epson Claria Photographic, Epson UltraBrite, Eplus UltraChrome and HP Vivera inks?
Since the printer and paper each affect the gamut (sometimes in a major way) you really have to look at each combination of ink/paper/printer when making comparisons. Since you have apparently already generated custom .icc profiles for your various target combinations, why not use a tool like ICCView to compare the color gamuts (which are embedded in each profile)? Dry Creek Photo also has a number of profiles available for display.