Frozen Ink Is Harmful To Print Heads?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It's elementary my dear Watson.

Sherlock-Holmes-Sherlock-Holmes-detective-crime-smiley-emoticon-001232-facebook.gif

You know I had to give you a like for your post. :D

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
-30 C = -22 F.

-34 C = -30 F

-40 C = -40 F.

Yep, the same number!

Hi Stratman,

Surely you know as photographers we do not like precise mathematical numbers. In our world 22 is a smaller number than 2.8 and that has always worked fine.

By giving us precise temperature conversion you have opened a whole new can of worms. For example I know know that 30 degrees F, is 4 degrees C colder than 30 degrees C. How on earth am I supposed to work that into an after dinner conversation. Could take me 20 years. Was much more creative just to call it a `WHOLE LOT COLDER`

No wonder my pictures look like Cr*p with all that useless stuff banging around in my head.

All your fault!! :ya

RS

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I think the f-stop confusion was a British conspiracy to keep us common folk from knowing the secrets of photography.

However, the Kelvin temperature scale was the Scots way of getting back at the Brits for King Edward Longshanks.

longshanks%20criminal%20justice%20meme.png

I am kidding, of course!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Confucius? No. Confused? Maybe.

confused.jpg

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
On a related topic. I have seen reports that print head blockages on some printers can be attributed to humidity changes. Can't recall if too low or too high was the problem

Well, I'd used to keep my printer in a transparent bag (the bag was the one they sell new pillows in very nice) to protect from dust and it did not clog. After I removed the first clog was maybe a year after that. But that just a coincidence I think humidity is 60-65 constant or more. I'm by the sea so that explains it.

Get yourself a analog humidity meter (hygrometer), they are cheap on ebay, look for TFA brand.
They are germany company. Also you need to calibrate the meter using salt and some drops of water. Put the meter and salt in a bag for at least 2 days, adjust, then 2 days to check, adjust. Then you have working meter. Digital also need calibration. You set 75% humidity is using salt and water.

There are specialized salts that get other percentages.
http://www.kingofthehouse.com/hygrometer/