Forum Rants

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
There's a special place in "What the Actual..." world for those individuals who for some reason go looking for chip resetters... Find the correct resetter... Look at the price... Decide it's too expensive and then purchase the cheapest resetter from the sale seller... It does of course look the same as the expensive unit... but is functionally as useful as a chocolate fireguard for their specific printer. Does the cheaper listing state clearly what it will work with? Oh but of course it does...

We add bonus points when these people try to negotiate for the expensive alternative as a replacement when they prove what we knew all along... Oh and extra sauce when raising a return with eBay or Amazon that blames the seller for the end-users own intractable desire to prove black is white.

I'm pretty sure these are the people who ignore Road closed signs and travel to the washed out bridge before wondering if their car will Dukes of Hazzard over the gap... *sigh*

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Covid-19 3D printer Tale..

Another desperate update… More of a Rant…:rant

White most countries are handling the Covid 19 as best they can , our Central sorting depot are gilding the Feckin lily, big time, I reckon the parcel post section is under complete lockout..i.e. nothing gets out here because “You Can’t Make Us”..

The Feckers there are sorting through the parcels at such a slow rate that when this is over and things return to normal, these guys will be so far in over their heads in parcels that the Christmas rush might get delivered by March..

I am waiting on some items going back to February, which would normally get delivered by mid-March, but when the panic and ignorance set-in, all deliveries from China stopped and nothing was sorted in fear they could catch the Virus from touching the packages with gloves on.

Looks like I’ll be lucky to get any deliveries this month at all, who would have taught fear itself would be worse than the Virus.
. They’ll want PPE gear next…😷

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Looks like I’ll be lucky to get any deliveries this month at all
Based on what you've said about the parcel post system in the past, the pandemic has merely "enhanced" their functioning. It's not a bug but a feature. :barnie

In my neighborhood, Amazon, FedEx, and UPS are delivering every day. The US Post Office is as diligent in their duties as ever - rain, sleet or snow. These companies and their employees are fantastic. Can't speak to international packages, but, I've had no issues with deliveries, including groceries.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Looks like I’ll be lucky to get any deliveries this month at all,
I can't complain about the delivery services in Germany - their volume is up like in Chrismal times , they changed their
way of getting delivery confirmations, I got stuff from U.K. or China without particular complications.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Based on what you've said about the parcel post system in the past, the pandemic has merely "enhanced" their functioning. It's not a bug but a feature.
No truer words.. They don't need an excuse to stop work..
I can't complain about the delivery services in Germany - their volume is up like in Chrismal times
All the Amazon stuff is been delivered by An Post no problems it’s just stuff from China, all the well-known courier services are working overtime during the pandemic.

In fact there was a traffic jam in an estate around the corner from me yesterday, five courier vans were delivering there all at the same time and were having some difficulty manoeuvring to get around each other, Fed-Ex, UPS, DPD, DHL and An Post, everything but China Post.. :(

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
In fact there was a traffic jam in an estate around the corner from me yesterday, five courier vans were delivering there all at the same time and were having some difficulty manoeuvring to get around each other, Fed-Ex, UPS, DPD, DHL and An Post, everything but China Post.

Probably delivering a backlog of Bogroll to one house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Probably delivering a backlog of Bogroll to one house :lol: :lol: :lol:

That’s a mystery that has never been solved.. What the Feck do they want with all the toilet rolls !… I can understand canned food and bottle water, but Toilet rolls, seriously…:hu

Maybe someone out there knows the answer..:caf

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What the Feck do they want with all the toilet rolls !… I can understand canned food and bottle water, but Toilet rolls, seriously…:hu

Maybe someone out there knows the answer..
Rolls.jpg

(Found on Pinterest)