Forum Rants

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
silver oxide batteries, they will last three times more than alkaline.
..and are more expensive, it's a question how much you use the resetter and whether the batteries will die by usage or age

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Of course, you get eight or ten alkalines for the price of one silver oxide. but if changing the battery is tricky you don't want to do it often. This is the case with one of my wristwatches. Removing the bottom lid to change the battery is a PITA.
How long will work a LR41 battery on a resetter ?. It depends of course on how often you use the device, but I have no idea. Will the resetter malfunction if the voltage drops to 1.1-1.2 volt ? I have no idea either. Just to be on the safe side, I'd get a silver oxide battery. It probably would last several years without issues.

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You could also add an external battery box for AA or AAA batteries. That will give the reliability of the USB powered resetters but without the inconvenience of a cable. I prefer "cordless" resetters.

I bought the original Redsetter for PGI-5/CLI-8 cartridges when it was introduced. The first generation of these resetters drew around 12 mA while doing a reset. This is a lot of current for the CR2032 Lithium cell powering the resetter, so the battery life was short. Later versions of the Redsetter used less power and the Lithium cells lasted much longer, so I didn't add battery boxes to the PGI-520/CLI-521 and PGI525/CLI-526 Redsetters, but I keep a few spare CR2032 cells in store.

Here is the resetter with a box for 2 x AA batteries attached, click to enlarge:

Battery box.jpg

Here and here are threads about resetters and batteries.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
USB powered rants last forever..