Forever changing

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I was on about paper size and banner printing earlier on the forum and failed to mention something else thats going on with the new model canon printers.

I use a different print driver for each printer but the same colour profile for all of them.
I now have notice that the print margins have being updated when I installed ix4000 and ip4700.

Canon are up to their usual tricks (use one use all) the latest print drivers have reset ALL my printers to the same margins regardless of model.

I used to be able to print with 3mm margin left, top and right with 12mm bottom, but now there set to 5mm on the top and sides.

I am going to install windows 7 shortly on a new computer and install the oldest printer first to see if that will print to its original margins but I suspect the firmware in the printer has already being changed by the newer models print driver.

It really gives people the incentive to buy the newer models when in fact the old models are by far much more user friendlier and less interfered with by new codes and chips. If its broke then change it.

I wonder has anyone else notice this..

:(

Last edited:

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am using the BJC-3000, S820 and the MX860 drivers on Vista, with nothing like that happening. All the settings are different and stay the same.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
d1hamby..
A yes but are the print margins on each machine the same..