For People Looking for a Challenge. Lexmark P315

Ichiban_jay

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hey all, I have a Lexmark P315 photo printer and this is my problem. This printer uses generic Lexmark 33 or 35 cartridges. The weird thing is that when I refill the cartridges, the printer still says the cartridge is empty. There is no option in the menu system that allows you to say that it is a new cartridge, the closest is "change ink cartridge." If you click on that option, the printer's carriage comes out, you pull out the cartridge and put it back in and it still recognizes it as an old cartridge.

Also, when you do a blot test on the refilled cartridge the colors come out vibrant and fine, but when the printer prints a test page (of course bugging you to replace the cartridge cuz it thinks it's empty) the colors are faded.

I guess my questions are how does this printer know if you have a new cartridge in it or not, and is it possible that I just somehow messed up this cartridge and another one would be different? At least printing with correct colors but bugging me about replacing it?

Thanks in advance!