Five year color shift test results!

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
Off topic, but about shipping costs.

My observations over the last few years has led me to understand that retail shipping has become hugely expensive while companies that ship a lot get great deals. I bought a bike part that cost the sender less than $3 to ship to me, but when I needed to return it, it was over $7.

The USPS will bulk ship from Chinese companies on a daily weight basis to American doorsteps. That's partly how they can offer such low prices, shipping included.

Priority Mail used to be a good deal, now, not so much. And they just bumped the rates up again. And the box size definition keep getting worse. The box size that used to by a VHS tape is now their standard "Small." Call it over $6, and the next bump up is now almost $13.

What we used to know as Parcel Post is now also very expensive. I sent a printer to California (I'm in Florida) about nine months ago and it cost something like $40, IIRC. UPS and FedEx play the same games; if you ship a lot, great prices. The loss of income is made up by screwing the general public.

Sort of like pharmaceuticals in America. We pay many times any other Western nation, the rationale being that someone has to pay for the research.

Effed again.

Latest posts