First time, all re-filled carts in Pro 100

dannno

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
i-wX4NbWj-M.jpg

I've got all re-filled carts in the Pro-100 for the first time. I've resisted changing them all out as a set when carts are still nearly full. This was a six cart swap. I did this in the midst of printing 10 8 x 10 glossies. First print after swap has slight banding in highlights. That went away and next print was perfect.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Congratulations! Looks good, nice and clean. Job well done. :clap

Possibly a nozzle check after the cartridge swap would suffice for making sure the nozzles were all primed before the next print. Consider a second set of cartridges refilled and ready to go for even quicker swap outs.

Refilling is fun and easy on the wallet so you can print to your heart's content.

dannno

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
stratman. Thanks for the tip. I do have two complete set now. I still have to modify one cart for re-filling. I pulled every cart when swapping, left two in that were nearly full.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Sounds good. You are now a seasoned veteran of refilling. ;)

Happy printing!

printfan11

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Good for you. I also am going to start refilling on my Canon Pro-100 but before I do that I was trying to find a good third party ink source. I found it very confusing. They have a lot of web sites for ink companies but it's confusing to wade through the comments. For just about all products viewed I found both great comments and dire warnings to avoid the same product and that has been my experience with all of them. Can any friends in this venue recommend any third party cartridge source? Also has anyone found a review site that can really be trusted? Thanks for any and all help on this issue. Printfan11

dannno

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Precision Colors was my choice. I'm very satisfied.

Walt Gray

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro100--Epson R3000-R800
I second dannos choice. I have used them for several months with no problem

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I also want to assure every potential user that this inkset has seen service in many many commercial houses now. The amount of ink being used in one establishment will exceed even the ardent hobbyist lifetime of ink use. A project later this year is to provide even more profiles and including some higher end papers as well.

Thanks for the support and we aim to try and make this Pro-100 a classic which it is looking to become for sure.
Toolman's videos have outlined how to keep this beast of a printer ( very affordable in North America) going for a long time.
If you use the tips provided and learn to use ICC profiles...your printing woes are gone and did we mention the Image Quality this can produce...undreamt of for hobbyists before. From time to time some things will crop up and this board will provide direction and guidelines as to how to solve the issue.

printfan11

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Just received,( 02/21/17), my Precision Colors ink set for my Pro-100 and looking forward to filling two sets of cli-8carts set up with my cli-42 chips and printing away. Will let the group know how it goes.
I've read a few comments that say that only oem ink is good and i must say that has not been my experience. The Pro-100 is new to me but I have used refill inks from ( InkJetCarts) for years in several Epson printers and the results have been as good as oem ever was and so far I have seen no problems with fading.