First refilling experience

kaliko

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Printing a landscape on 13" x 19" and the yellow cart goes empty about 3/4 the way through. Everything stops, red light blinking on replace ink button. So I refill the cartridge, pop it back in, press the button. Printer goes through its charging/cleaning cycle, then continues printing right where it left off. Absolutely no visible sign on the print where the stop/start occurred! Awesome!

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Why didn't you check the carts before printing something large? What printer model is this?

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Which printer and carts?

If a refillable cart in my r285 runs empty, it stops printing and ejects the half printed paper..after refilling it resumes the printing on a new paper at the same position where the last print has ended..
I haven't tried to put the same page back again if this happens, but I doubt the printer would find the alignement exactly.

PS: With some epson printers checking (and filling) the carts doesn't help, because the auto reset chip will not "fill" until the printer requests a new cart..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I reckon he is referring to his Epson Artisan 1430 but then I could be wrong !
The Pro 1 will also do that..

kaliko

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Yes, I was referring to the Artisan 1430. I'm using Precision Colors EV6 inks and their supplied auto resetting cartridges. Smile, please see my recent post under "Arrggghh Auto reset chips driving me mad" to help answer your question. All carts showed at least 1/8 full.

Last edited:

Apostolos

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
1500w, M2170, G5040, X464
My 1500w (i think is the same model as the 1430) does that as well.
Pretty cool actually! I don't have to worry about running out of ink in the middle of printing and waste both paper and ink.