Exclamation mark next to Epson Utility under devices and printers

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. Inside "devices and printers", I see a yellow exclamation mark on my Epson L3060 printer icon.After I right click on the icon, then select Properties->Hardware, there are a few things:

EPSON Utility
EPSON L3060 Series
EPSON L395/L3050 Series
USB ( it has a bit longer name but I am not sure how it is
USB Composite Device
USB Printing Support

Now I see a yellow exclamation mark on the "EPSON Utility"'s icon.When I click on it, It says that Epson Utility device drivers aren't installed.

ı am not sure if this is a problem or not and if it is related to wifi feature or epson connect...(I think I didn't install wifi features). Or maybe another problem?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
did you try to re-install the software - driver and utility ?

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
Thanks for your answer.

I didn't try cause of my fear that if installation fails, sometimes it is difficult to correct it(I had some painful experiences with installing drivers of some of my previous Hp printers, they had unexpectedly failed and sometimes it was difficult to solve the problems, sometimes I decided to not use HP scanner utilities because basically installation of it was always failing and I think it required manual uninstallation ).

But seems like uninstalling and installing the Epson driver and utility is the only way to correct the driver/utility problem which causes the exclamation mark.

Last edited: