Ever Tried Gloss Optimiser on your photos...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you wish to over-print Gloss optimiser, (GO) to cover your photos that you have created for the purposes of eliminating the gloss differential that sometimes happens when using some 3rd party pigment inks.

You can save quite a considerable amount of GO by only printing to the edge of the photo itself, and not to the edge of the paper, that way the GO actually becomes part of the photo itself.

The savings can be considerable and the GO itself tends to get used up very quickly, because its covering the whole image and can use as much as all of your cartridges put together, try to use as little of it as possible.

To over-print the GO properly you do need to test a few images to get the best results with the correct amount and strength of the Tint needed, I started with 40% aubergine colour, and the test prints can be done easily using A6 size (4x6)...

You can as in my first illustration marked in red just cover the photo itself, or in the second illustration marked in black just cover each image separately.

Glop Image.jpg

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I recently installed a PRO 9500 dedicated to gloss overprint.
All carts filled with PC72-CO (for the Pro-10).

First results are encouraging, the reflection is nearly even, but I expect it will double the ink cost.
Installed a potty, so I can try to recover the flushed liquid :).

Since the new 9500 ink set has less gloss differences, it will not be needed for all photo's.

Latest posts