Error code USB005

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
My ip4800 series printer is showing a usb005 error with the message "An error has occured check the display on the printer" Obviously there is no display on these printers so I can't find an answer to the error code. I have removed and replaced ink carts and printhead and turned printer on and off to no avail. Any know what this error code means?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It is not a normal Cannon error code. It is not in the service manual which is found here. It might mean a USB problem, either in the computer or the printer. Maybe the printer will work with another USB port or on another computer? Does the yellows error LED come on if the printer is turned on without being connected to a computer?

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Tried using a different usb port but didn't help.Think the usb005 code may not bet the problem. Getting 5 orange flashes pointing to a printhead problem. Usually you get an error code pointing to a printhead error but the orange flashes are probably a better pointer. To be expected with these old printers. Thanks anyway