Epson XP-610 blobs ink when Printing on DVD

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
Twice now I have blobs and smears on the printed DVD from the Epson XP-610. I will go through nozzle cleaning, but I'm wondering if there is something else going on that I need to address?

Ionlab

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF3540
Are you using refillable cartridges?

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
Yeah. Kindof.
The blobs are black and refillable but the others are OEM. Are you saying that the refillable may be the problem? I have an OEM black. Maybe I need to discard the refillable??

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The refillables on these establish balance only after a bit of use. Check to make sure that the plug is inserted in the correct hole and next time, when refilling the cartridge, only fill the reservoir half way. Stop. Plug the vent hole with the plug from the refill hole. Finish filling the reservoir. Then remove the vent hole plug and use it on the refill hole. The continued absorption from the sponge will hasten the pressure balance and likely stop the odd drips. If you are using the Larger compatible black, it is because the Matte Black ink/Text cartridge is not being used to print DVDs and has not established a small vacuum in the cart as yet and is dripping out of the printhead.

If you overfilled the sponge, the sponge is still too saturated to establish the negative pressure that the printhead requires. The original design of the OEM always has a negative pressure. But sponge ones do not have this ability.

Ionlab

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF3540
Are not all new cartridges spongeless?

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
Pardon my confusion. The not-OEM cartridges are not ones that I refilled. They are 3rd party cartridges that I purchased online. I installed them as-is. Don't know about sponges or negative pressure.

Ionlab

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF3540
First of all lets get rid of some variables.....
1. Do you get ink blobs only when printing on CD/DVD or do you get them on paper as well?
2. The ink blobs are all of the same color?
3. If yes to 2 did you install this cartridge recently and is it EPSON or 3rd party?