Epson XP-610 Banding. What to do?

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
Recent prints using Lightroom and Windows 10 Print utility. How do I diagnose and fix?

Attachments

• img006.pdf
    695.2 KB · Views: 486

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Please post the nozzle check, just crop the scan to the relevant part. Are you using Epson cartridges, other cartridges or do you refill ?

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
Nozzle check attached. The black in the yellow is an artifact due to decreasing brightness and increasing contrast. Otherwise yellow is hard to see.

I'm using a combination of Epson and other cartridges. The cyan just replaced is Epson. I've never refilled my own.
Nozzle Check 2-16-16.jpg

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Nozzle check looks very good! Have you run a head alignment process?? That might eliminate banding.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
this printer apparently uses a BK - black (pigment) for print on normal paper, and a PBK - photo black for glossy papers. There are a few nozzles missing at the left BK field at the bottom. What was the paper selection in the driver when you printed the above photo ? If it was normal paper the stripes in the image - missing black woould relate to the missing nozzles in the nozzle check print. I don't think at this time that this is an alignment problem. I have read at other threads that the Epson printer firmware would not like to operate with a mix of genuine and 3rd party cartridges, but apparently it works o.k. for you. You may start a head cleaning via the driver and print the nozzle check again, and if that looks o.k. reprint that image - half or quarter scale should suffice to see whether the stripes are gone.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It looks to me at first that the print head was skipping like a timing issue but when zoomed in you can see that the black is failing in some heavily used areas, so I have to agree with @Ink stained Fingers, you have a problem with your PK black not delivering enough ink when it’s needed..

Skipping ink.jpg