Epson workforce 645 refilling?

polenslager

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I recently bought a new workforce 645 to replace my old all in one.

I was told at the store the cartridges were refillable, one reason I got it!

My old HP I refilled fine all the time and it worked great. So I have a little experience,
but Epson seems alien as far as refilling..

When the black ran out, I went and bought another new one to get back to work.
Then searched on how to refill the old oem ones..
when the current black was running low I tried to refill the original one.

I drilled the hole where the instructions said.. under the round sticker that says "push"
slowly filled it with ink and used my chip resetter I bought.

Putting it in the printer went ok at first though it complained it was not an original cartridge.. but seemed to work until I
printed a second page.. it complains it does not recognize the cartridge and insists I put in a new one or tells me its low and to replace it.

Are there tricks? Should I get the refillable cartridges? Do they work okay? What ones?

What about the page resetting and ink levels ect.. I am new to this obviously and lost!

polenslager

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Bump*

Still struggling with this printer. I have had it only for two months, but am on my third black OEM black cartridge..
Refilling the OEM ones are not working well.

Meaning I can refill them okay, but the printer alternates from saying it does not recognize them to telling me that they are
not OEM. IF I reset the chip again, it will let me choose to use them, but tell me they are not
OEM, might cause problems with ink level gages ect..
then it either does not print anything on the page, or tells me I must replace the cartridge. Cleaning the nozzle helps some..

Is there a way to reset the levels and bypass the check for OEM?

polenslager

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you, its probably why I am having troubles.. I will get refillable cartridges and try that.. :)