Epson wont recognize cartridges after head cleaning

Vito

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have an Epson Artisan 50 with a CISS. The CISS worked great until the cyan line developed a small crack, apparently caused by abrasion from repeated contact with some of the printer's plastic shell. Anyhow, fixing the break in the line was no problem, but evidently it went undetected long enough to cause the cyan discharge in the print head to dry up, clogging the head, and preventing cyan ink from flowing through the head.

So, I found an online video that shows how to remove the head and clean it. I followed the instructions and got the head cleaned, and re-installed it and the CISS cartridge assembly. Ever since then, the printer won't recognize the CISS cartridges. What's more, it won't recognize any cartridges.

I've tried new replacement cartridges, and even the original Epson cartridges, which still have some use left on them. I've tried every "reset" procedure I can find, but nothing works. The "yellow light" comes on shortly after I start up the printer, and it stays on. Nothing I've been able to try so far will get the printer to recognize any cartridges.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.