Epson WF-7525 set of 3 levels of gray

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I have just made a print using the gray setting (black ink only option) on setting premium glossy paper and the results are impressive. Very neutral black&white, no visible grain and using the black ink only option. I do not think it is necessary to go for the CMY substititution option. Maybe the variable droplet technology is causing this pretty good B&W result (2 pl minimal).

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I finally found the color management on the second tab and how to disable it. I have just used refillable T1291-T1294 cartridges filled with OCP pigment ink and the results are very good. Using the T0343 magenta yields a much better gamut compared to the Epson Durabrite ink. Print speed is extremely good for text printing and even photo's are produced at an acceptible speed. I have ordered a resetter and 2 sets of aftermarket T1301-T1304 cartridges, which are filled with pigment ink: I will try to refill these cartridges and reset with the resetter, because the pigment black cartridge is much larger compared to the T1291 black cartridge.

J

jaydentyler25

I experimented along side this specific numerous numerous years ago. The blending is not the problem. Whenever grey inks tend to be utilized directly, the output will appear too warm. The inks need to feel tinted to neutralize. This tinting might possibly deviate by paper too as is definitely not simple to do, it is plenty and numerous work. I stop when I established to see R2400s identifying faster income as well as also the Advanced Black color coloured coloured along with White solution in regards to the 2400 along with newerr driver took care and also attention of any tonal difficulties. My conclusion had been in fact actually printing along side pure grey inks ended up being indeed not value the effort along alongside simply acquiring a specific used R2400 or newest can well feel a whole lot more versatile as well as convenient method.

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
Old thread, but I still want to mention my experience with gray inks.

I wanted to print real good black and white photo's in which no color ink was used. So I bought a set of empty refill carts for my old Epson D68 photo Edition.

The D68 is a pigment printer, so I assumed it would work well with K3 ink. So I ordered 3 bottles of OCP ink, Photo black, light black and light gray. By the way the density of the light gray is 17%. The LLK went into the yellow cart, the LK into the magenta and cyan carts and the PK of course in the black one.

The results were surprisingly good. Even the first photo I printed came out right. The photo's were not too dark, but too bright. It could be corrected easily: I set gamma to 2.2 and brightness to -4. These values may differ on other printer models.

The photos are very nice, there is no "grain" as found on photo's printed with black ink only. The gloss is high. The photos are warm but not too warm. They become more neutral on "cold" papers like Fuji. I've printed on various papers: Ilford smooth gloss, Epson premium glossy and Canon PR-101. The Canon prints came out very warm, like old fashioned photos.

Overall I'm happy with the results.