Epson 'T27' (XP-820) cartridge efficient refill

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Are there any refill cartridges for these class of epson printers (i think this type is called T27 ?) that can be explicitly reset to full at any time ?

I am asking because i would like to maximize lifetime of the wastepad. The way i understand normal ARC chip cartridges, they will only reset to full when the printer signals a "you're empty" to them. In result i will get for a whole cartridge set 6 sequential refill events and therefore 6 cleaning cycles.

If instead i could reful/reset all 6 cartridges whenever the first cartridge goes empty, i should have 6 times fewer cleaning cycles == 6 times longer lifetime of the wastepad (ideally).

These cartridges here look as if they could do what i want:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/T27...-XP-700-XP-605-XP-800-XP-610/32811236109.html

but then again, the reset button could simply interrupt power to the chip but not triggrer the reset itself. In which case it wouldn't help me.

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
To answer my own question, the seller told me that the reset only works when the printer indicates that the cartridge is empty. So this seems to be just an ARC chip where the button interrupts the power connection so that the printer is fooled into thinking the cartridge was replaced without physcially having to remove it.

Of course this will not resolve the issue that you're running though 6 printer ink flush cycles when you individually have to "swap" all cartridges.

So, i guess i have to get an original set of cartridges to get manually resettable chips.

Unless someone here knows any place that has resetter-resettable chips or carttridges for these printers.

Thanks!

Last edited: