Epson SureColor P6000

lillbill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 7600
Hi,
We're ready to purchase a new printer and we're wondering if anyone in this forum can give us feedback on which printer to purchase, a Canon imagePROGRAF Pro-2100 or the Epson SureColor P6000. We're artists and sometimes use the printer daily and other times it could sit. Please let us know your thoughts. Many, many thanks.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Please let us know your thoughts. Many, many thanks.
For infrequent use I would want Canon image PROGRAF Pro-2100, but then that’s me..
Also please don’t post the same information request in two places, it tends to confuse us..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't think there is any reliable information available which printer model can take a longer idle cycle than another printer model, that should not be the main criteria to select one or the other printer . You rather should estabilish some practice to do some maintenance prints on a regular base - that could be a small image and a nozzle check - once a week and and going from there with the nozzle check if you need to shorten or extend that cycle. That would keep your printer ready when you need it - without going through cleaning cycles at that time.

You may find printer reviews by Keith Cooper

https://www.northlight-images.co.uk/photography-articles-and-reviews/

or on luminous-landscape

https://luminous-landscape.com/?s=printer+reviews

Your models of interest or very similar printers - e.g. with a just different size - are most likely covered and should give you additional information which printer model would suit your requirements better

Last edited:

Dae

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson
I've owned two Epson SC P6000 in then past seven years. They're good and can sit for a couple of weeks without issues. The ones in our print shop are used five days a week. That being said you will get three maybe four years tops with heavy use out of it.