Epson Stylus Pro 7600 parts

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I know that this web site seems to focus on Canon printers and problems but every now and then I have seen other problems listed. I have a very expensive professional imaging printer from Epson to repair and I need a very simple but critical part. This a large format professional ink jet printer that can print on rolls of paper that are 24" wide. The Ink Cartridge ASM holds 8 large ink carts, each one is almost the size of a good book. They hold a very large amount of ink and typically cost about $100+ each. Inside the Cartridge holder Assembly, each ink cart mates with the pointed ink inlet that is typical of just about all Epson printers. This is the TIT that sucks ink out of the cartridge. Surrounding the TIT is a rubber gasket that seals the connection between the ink cart and the Frame Asm, such that there is no air leak getting into the ink supply path.

I need to get a couple replacement gaskets for this very expensive printer. I have searched the internet for places that sell Epson parts but I've not had any luck. I have contacted Epson, but there is no Epson Service support within 100 miles. Plus this printer weighs over 100lbs and I'm not going to carry it anywhere. I can't even lift it to get it in my Van. This printer belongs to a friend of mine in the Art club. I think it costs over $3000 when it was new. It had been working fine until he swapped out ink carts one day, and through away the old ink carts. The gasket must have stuck or glued itself to the old ink cart. We have the Service Manual for the printer but it does not go down to that detail for part numbers, only reference numbers.

If anyone has any information that would help, I would really appreciate it. If anyone has one or two of these I would be happy to pay for them. The printer will not function with one of these gaskets missing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hey Trigger,

Try dropping Robert at Gemini Colours a call in Holland. I say call because emails tend to get loss in the morass... The contact details are on http://www.refillink.nl/ref5000.asp?page=9

Robert does a fair bit with Epson wide format so he may be able to come up with a useful source... I'll try to remember to raise the question whenever I next talk to him.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Trigger - I don't know where you are located. There is a fellow in British Columbia who really knows Epson problems. Email him and give him the same info you posted in your message on the forum. His name is Arthur Entlich and his email address is e-printerhelp@mvps.org.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
fotofreek, Websnail, thanks for the help. I'll get on it.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Is that rubber gasket similar to those on small desktop printers? If they are the same you can look for dead Epson printers and get the gasket there. I have seen dead Epson printers in a place called Weird Stuff in Mountain View California. For $10 to $15 they will let you have one of those dead printers. BTW, is it worth the effort to repair a Stylus 1280? I have a chance to get one cheap. I believe it has problems.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Tin Ho,...If you mean a Epson Photo Stylus 1280,.. I would say yes. Mine is working great and I love it. They seem to be as repairable as the Canon printers. The only issue is getting parts, but now that I know about CompassMicro.com for Epson parts, that may not be an issue. The 1280 design is very old, but the interesting thing is that Epson still has that model in production and you can purchase brand new ones. Now why would they keep an old design like that in production and keep selling them if they were'nt any good. I don't know of another printer that has been in production as long as the 1280. Mine is actually a 1280 Silver, which is the newer production model that has optimized printer resolution supported up to 5700 x1200 dpi.

Of course you may open it up and find out that something serious inside is broken. that is the chance you take.